||CTJ Safety Associates offers you the chance to see what OSHA might see if they paid you a visit. You can correct those problems before OSHA arrives and avoid some costly fines -- and more importantly, improve the safety of your employees.
We provide thorough simulated OSHA inspections that include opening and closing conferences with management, wall-to-wall walkthroughs, records review, employee interviews, and a detailed written report of findings and recommendations referenced to the applicable OSHA standard. We can also provide a formal presentation of our findings to management using slide photographs taken at your facility. This type of visual presentation drives home the importance of correcting safety hazards at your facility before it's too late.
Typical Simulated OSHA Inspections
- 10-minute opening conference with selected managers to explain the scope, format, and expected outcome of the inspection
- OSHA 200 review
- Written programs review (OSHA requires about 20 programs and 50 written procedures for a typical employer)
- Wall-to-wall walkthrough to identify unsafe conditions and unsafe acts
- Review of training records, inspection records, medical surveillance records, and maintenance records
- 10-minute employee interviews (Accompanied by department supervisor or private)
- 30-minute closing conference with selected personnel to describe key findings and recommendations
- Detailed written report within 3 weeks
- Example of a typical recommendation:
1910.219 (e) and ANSI B15.1
Air compressor: Provide a guard that meets OSHA Table 0-10 for the exposed
V-belt drive on the air compressor in the maintenance shop. [Serious violation]
- Optional presentations using slide photographs of facility
We provide OSHA seminars for management, supervision, and employees. Our 30-hour and 10-hour compliance courses meet federal OSHA requirements and participants can receive a course completion card from federal OSHA. We can (and often do) customize these courses specifically to meet your needs.
We also offer a course to train you or your staff to perform simulated OSHA inspections. more info...
OSHA Program Development
We can help you establish a program management system that involves top management, line supervision, staff, and employees that will assist in your compliance activities. This system is a central management team/task group approach. It has been successful in hundreds of plants. more info...
OSHA Documents Preparation
CTJ Safety Associates assists clients with injury and illness recordkeeping, preparation of OSHA inspection checklists, and development of programs to help comply with requirements such as lockout, confined space entry, emergency planning, HAZWOPER, HazCom, electrical safety-related work practices, materials handling, personal protective equipment, and equipment inspections.
We have prior experience working for federal and/or state OSHA programs, industry and government safety programs.
- David Coble, CSP - President 12 years with OSHA, 15 years in consulting
- Jim Jones, ARM - Vice President 5 years with OSHA, 12 years in industry, 12 years in consulting
- Bill Taylor, CSP --Vice President 5 years in industry, 10 years in government, 13 years in consulting
Inspections can be conducted by one professional, or by a team depending upon the size and complexity of the facility.
CTJ Safety Associates' can provide this service through your attorney to help maintain that our work is confidential and privileged. Your attorney can advise you on how to do this.
Optional Management Presentation
Many of our clients request a formal presentation of our findings. We provide this by taking slide photographs and/or a video of conditions and issues during the audit. We'll then return to present these slides or video for whomever you designate in a 1 1/2 to 2 hour presentation. The slide and video would be yours to keep for further training.
CTJ Safety Associates have experience in many types of industrial, service, government, and construction operations. Clients include chemical, petrochemical, steel, tobacco, textiles, microelectronics, food and beverage, airline, furniture, pulp and paper, automotive, governmental, educational, metal fabrication, and construction.
Other Compliance Services
- OSHA Requirements Training
- Checklist Development
- OSHA Compliance Program Development
- OSHA Seminars for Top Management
- Standards Interpretation and Research
- Intermediary to OSHA
- Voluntary Protection Program Assistance
- Accident Investigation
- OSHA Compliance Manuals
- OSHA Recordkeeping Audits
- Qualified OSHA Specialist (QOS) Designation
- Informal Conferences and Contested Cases
- Professional Speakers for Safety Meetings and Conferences
For additional information, contact us via e-mail or call (919) 466-7506.